As autumn coolness arrives, a fabric for a cashmere coat becomes one of the most demanded ones. Why does the idea of sewing that clothing seems so attractive? Largely, because cashmere coats can be used with a wide variety of clothing: from jeans to formal trousers. It is also well-suitable for different types of shoes, be it sports sneakers, ankle, classic or high platform boots. The aficionados of classic and business styles, as well as those, who are into sports chic, casual and military looks adore this coat as well.
A cashmere coat has been in fashion for ages, however, each new fashion season brings in something new. Today, we will give you some recommendations from the leading stylists on selecting a proper coat for 2017/2018.
- Length. One of the major current trends is a solid maxi-coat. If you go for neutral blue, beige, brown or black shades – it will perfectly match a business, evening, casual street, and even sports looks. For tall and slim women, the best choice is an A-silhouette and a classic cut.
You can emphasise your ideal shape by using a belt on your waist. For curvaceous women, the best choice can be oversized models with no decorative elements.
In the beginning of autumn, when it is still warm but the temperature tends to rise and drop during a day, the best option can be shortened models, such as cardigan coats, ponchos, capes, cloaks, shawl coats, all become the fashion essentials of the season.
- Fabric content. This autumn is about both the traditional and some new fabrics. The timeless classics are the following ones:
- merino wool featuring houndstooth, herringboneor the Prince of Wales check patterns,
- conservative tweed,
- exclusive cashmere fabrics for coats.
The specific materials of the ongoing season are represented with:
- fur coats, either completely or partly made of fur;
- leather coats;
- sheepskin lining.
However, if you are the one who cannot admit killing animals and still wants to look chic – select soft, warm and exquisite cashmere coats of light shades for autumn and darker shades for winter.
- Colour. The selection of the most trendy coating colours of 2017/2018 are white – standing for innocence and femininity, dark blue peony – the emanation of stability and confidence, the pomegranate red – the choice of self-confident people, who like to attract attention to themselves.
Despite monolooks are in hot trends for several years already, for 2017/2018 fashion season, stylists recommend to bring in 2-3 colours and types of fabric to simplify the creation of popular looks.
- Prints. This season welcomes all types of checks – in any colour and combinations, such as charming Vichy and tartan checks. No less en-vogue are predatory prints, as well as abstract and geometric patterns.
- Cut. What comes to cuts, classic two-ply models with buttons or without fasteners, as well as combinations of coats with jackets, pea coats and even more complicated styles. It is important that regardless of the cut, the bottom part should be narrow, such as a pencil skirt, narrowed formal trousers or skinny jeans.
In this season, it is trendy to play with sleeves:
- A shortened sleeve that looks best with high gloves;
- A sleeveless coat, which stylish addition to can be volumetric woven sweaters and multilayer scarves;
- A volumetric bell sleeves coat;
- An increased shoulder line, which makes your shape visually smaller.